Stephanie P. Anderson, EsquireAttorney
Stephanie P. Anderson, an attorney with the Firm’s Real Estate and Banking Practice Group, concentrates her practice in the areas of transactional law, administrative law and governmental relations. Ms. Anderson gained her legal experience in the Office of Law for Prince George’s County. She developed a strong reputation within Prince George’s County for identifying legal issues and producing results for her clients. Her approach is strategic and collaborative. She understands the process of working with local governments at both the executive and legislative level. She is skilled in working with groups having divergent interests and knows the importance of collaboration to solve problems. Ms. Anderson’s past experience in the public sector will allow her to assist her clients with successfully maneuvering governmental processes. Ms. Anderson was a former County Attorney and Deputy County Attorney in the Office of Law. During her tenure in the County, she worked on several complex business transactions involving public/private partnerships. Ms. Anderson most recently served as Deputy Director for the Prince George’s County Office of Central Services
Ms. Anderson is a member of Maryland State Bar Association, Prince George’s County Bar Association, and the J. Franklyn Bourne Bar Association. She was a long term volunteer on the Foreclosure Prevention Pro Bono Project. Additionally, upon the recognition of the Prince George’s County Bar Association, in 2010, Ms. Anderson was honored by the Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland for establishing a formal Pro Bono Policy in the Office of Law. In 2013, Ms. Anderson received a Certification of Appreciation from Governor Martin O’Malley and The Honorable Chief Robert M. Bell.
Juris Doctor, University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland (1988)
Bachelor of Arts, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland (1985)
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of government processes and procedures. Consistently producing results for clients.
- Skilled in transactional law, participated in several complex business and real estate transactions including: National Harbor, Redskins Stadium, Safeway Distribution Center, Cap Centre at the Boulevard and Eastover Shopping Center.
- Proficient in administrative law, contracting and government procurement, legal advocacy, and regulatory and legislative affairs.
- Creative and resourceful in identifying, analyzing and solving problems.
Attorney, O'Malley, Miles, Nylen & Gilmore, P.A. Calverton, Maryland (April 2014 to Present)
Practice Areas include, Administrative Law, Transactional Law, Government Relations, and Land Use and Zoning.
Deputy Director, Prince George’s County – Office of Central Services Largo, Maryland (2011 to 2014)
Managed the areas of Contracts and Procurement, Legislative Affairs, Human Resources, Supplier Development and Diversity and Information Technology.
Prince George’s County – Office of Law, Upper Marlboro, Maryland
County Attorney (2007 - 2011)
Legal advisor to the Executive and Legislative branches of County government. Managed all areas of operations and provided guidance to the Office of Law staff. Developed and implemented strategic plan to enhance operations. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively, work diplomatically, and foster relationships.
Deputy County Attorney – Government Operations (2000 – 2007)
Accountable for legal support for the Government Operations Division while maintaining personal caseload of complex assignments. Required to identify and assess issues and provide legally sound recommendations consistent with good business practice and reason. Practice areas included: contracts and procurement, employment law, legislation real estate transactions, economic development, Maryland Public Information Act, child welfare litigation, opinions and advice and special litigation.
Deputy County Attorney – Contracts and Procurement (1993 – 2000)
Provided legal support on contracts and procurement issues, real estate and financial transactions. Achieved strong negotiating and drafting skills and ability to work independently and effectively to close transactions.
Associate County Attorney – Contracts and Procurement (1989 – 1993)
Practiced in contracts, procurement and construction law. Counsel to various County agencies. Represented the County before different administrative forums.
- Former Participant Doctor/Lawyer Education Partnership of the Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- J. Franklyn Bourne Bar Association
- Treasurer, Herman Dawson Re-Election Campaign (December 2015 – Present)
- General Counsel/Secretary, Greater Bowie Chamber of Commerce (2014-Present)
- Member, Foreclosure Prevention Pro Bono Project (2008 – 2011)
- Family Crisis Center, Inc. of Prince George’s County - Board of Directors (1995 – 2004); Advisory Board Member (2004 – 2009)
- Member, National Forum of Black Public Administrators (2003 – 2008)
- Maryland State Bar Association Mock Trial Program – Assistant Coach to the Jericho Christian Academy High School Team (2001, 2002); Judge (2008)
- Member Prince George’s County Health and Wellness Recreation Advisory Council(2010 –2011)
- Former Member Prince George’s County Community Corrections AdvisoryCommittee