Stephanie P. Anderson, EsquireAttorney
Stephanie P. Anderson, an attorney with the Firm’s Real Estate and Banking Practice Group, concentrates her practice in the areas of transactional law, administrative law and governmental relations. Ms. Anderson gained her legal experience in the Office of Law for Prince George’s County. She developed a strong reputation within Prince George’s County for identifying legal issues and producing results for her clients. Her approach is strategic and collaborative. She understands the process of working with local governments at both the executive and legislative level. She is skilled in working with groups having divergent interests and knows the importance of collaboration to solve problems. Ms. Anderson’s past experience in the public sector will allow her to assist her clients with successfully maneuvering governmental processes. Ms. Anderson was a former County Attorney and Deputy County Attorney in the Office of Law. During her tenure in the County, she worked on several complex business transactions involving public/private partnerships. Ms. Anderson most recently served as Deputy Director for the Prince George’s County Office of Central Services.
Ms. Anderson serves as the President of the Greater Bowie Chamber of Commerce. She also is a Board Member for Habitat for Humanity, Metro Maryland. Ms. Anderson is a member of Maryland State Bar Association, Prince George’s County Bar Association, the J. Franklyn Bourne Bar Association and the Women’s Bar Association. She previously was a long-term volunteer on the Maryland Pro Bono Resource Center Foreclosure Prevention Project where she assisted individuals in Maryland impacted by the national foreclosure housing crisis which began in 2008. Additionally, upon the recognition of the Prince George’s County Bar Association, Ms. Anderson was honored by the Maryland Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland for establishing a formal Pro Bono Policy in the Office of Law in 2010. In 2013, Ms. Anderson received a Certificate of Appreciation from Governor Martin O’Malley and the Honorable Chief Judge Robert M. Bell for her assistance with housing preservation.
Juris Doctor, University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland (1988)
Bachelor of Arts, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland (1985)
- Extensive experience in complex transactional law; involved in several complex business and real estate transactions including: National Harbor, Redskins Stadium, Safeway Distribution Center, Cap Centre at the Boulevard and Redevelopment of Eastover Shopping Center.
- Broad experience in administrative law, local and state procurement and contracting, legal advocacy, and regulatory and legislative affairs.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of government processes and procedures. Consistently producing results for clients.
- Experienced in choice of business entity formation and corporate representation.
- Creative and resourceful in identifying, analyzing and solving problems.
Attorney, O'Malley, Miles, Nylen & Gilmore, P.A. Calverton, Maryland
(April 2014 to Present)
Represent business and corporate clients in matters involving Administrative Law, Education Law, Business and Transactional Law, Government Relations, Real Estate and Land Use and Zoning. Served on legal team representing Prince George’s County Board of Education.
Deputy Director, Prince George’s County – Office of Central Services
Largo, Maryland (2011 to 2014)
Managed the areas of Contracts and Procurement, Legislative Affairs, Human Resources, Supplier Development and Diversity and Information Technology.
Prince George’s County – Office of Law, Upper Marlboro, Maryland
County Attorney (2007 - 2011)
Legal advisor to the Executive and Legislative branches of County government. Managed all areas of operations and provided guidance to the Office of Law staff. Developed and implemented strategic plan to enhance operations. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively, work diplomatically, and foster relationships.
Deputy County Attorney – Government Operations (2000 – 2007)
Accountable for management of the Government Operations Division while maintaining personal caseload of complex assignments. Required to identify and assess issues and provide legally sound recommendations consistent with good business practice and reason. Practice areas included: contracts and procurement, employment law, legislation real estate transactions, economic development, Maryland Public Information Act, child welfare litigation, opinions and advice and administrative litigation.
Deputy County Attorney – Contracts and Procurement (1993 – 2000)
Provided legal support on contracts and procurement issues, real estate and financial transactions. Achieved strong negotiating and drafting skills and ability to work independently and effectively to close transactions.
Associate County Attorney – Contracts and Procurement (1989 – 1993)
Practiced in contracts, procurement and construction law. Counsel to various County agencies. Represented the County before administrative forums.
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- J. Franklyn Bourne Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Maryland, Prince George’s County Chapter
- Greater Bowie Chamber of Commerce, President (2019 -); Vice President (2018);
- Treasurer (2017); General Counsel (2016) and Secretary (2015)
- Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland – Board Member (2018 - Present)
- Treasurer, Prince George’s Committee to Elect the Sitting Judges (2017 - Present)
- Treasurer, Herman Dawson Re-Election Campaign (2015 - 2016)
- Member, Foreclosure Prevention Pro Bono Project (2008 - 2011)
- Former Participant Doctor/Lawyer Education Partnership of the Maryland State Bar
- Board Member Family Crisis Center, Inc. of Prince George’s County
- (1995 - 2004); Advisory Board Member (2004 - 2009)
- Member, National Forum of Black Public Administrators (2003 - 2008)
- Maryland State Bar Association Mock Trial Program – Assistant Coach to the Jericho
- Christian Academy High School Team (2001 - 2002); Judge (2008)
- Member Prince George’s County Health and Wellness Recreation Advisory Council
- (2010 - 2011)
- Former Member Prince George’s County Community Corrections Advisory