Nathaniel A. Forman, EsquirePrincipal
Nathaniel A. Forman is a Principal of the Firm concentrating in the areas of Administrative Law and Government Relations, where he focuses his practice in land use & zoning, government relations and administrative proceedings. Mr. Forman is enthusiastic about practicing in the field of land use law and has extensive knowledge and experience with zoning procedures in Prince George’s County and representing clients before the Zoning Hearing Examiner, Planning Board and District Council in various zoning and land use matters.
Prior to joining O’Malley, Miles, Nylen & Gilmore, P.A., Mr. Forman gained insight and knowledge in the disposition of civil, domestic and criminal matters as the judicial clerk for the Honorable Julia Weatherly, Associate Judge of the Prince George’s County 7th Judicial Circuit. As a judicial clerk, Mr. Forman was instrumental in researching and drafting a number of opinions, including the Memorandum Opinion in City of Hyattsville v. County Council; in a land use matter in which the Court reversed a detailed site plan decision made by the District Council and remanded the matter back to the District Council with instructions. Mr. Forman also served at the Criminal Practice Clinic at the University of Baltimore where he performed prosecutorial duties as lead attorney, under supervision, including conducting trials, status hearings, interviewing victims and witnesses, legal research, and docket preparation.
Mr. Forman graduated from University of Baltimore School of Law where he was also a Teaching Assistant in Introduction to Legal Studies/Criminal Law, received a Mediation Certificate in compliance with Title 17 of the Maryland Rules, and was Staff Editor of the University of Baltimore Journal of International Law. Mr. Forman received his B.A. in History, summa cum laude, from the University of Pittsburgh.
Mr. Forman was selected as a Top Attorneys Rising Star in Maryland by Baltimore Magazine in January 2021. Mr. Forman is a member of the Maryland Building Industry Association and serves as Chair for the Prince George’s County Chapter since January 2021. Mr. Forman received recognition from the Maryland Building Industry Association in 2019 where he was awarded associate member of the year by the Prince George’s County Chapter. Mr. Forman is currently a member of the Maryland State Bar Association and the Prince George's County Bar Associations. He is admitted to practice in Maryland.
Juris Doctor, University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, MD (2013)
Bachelor of Arts, History, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA (2007)
Maryland State Bar Association
Prince George’s County Bar Association
Chapter Chair, Maryland Building Industry Association, Prince George’s County Chapter Chair, (January 2021 to present)
Member, Maryland Building Industry Association, Ad-Hoc Committee Prince George's County Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Regulations Rewrite (2016-2018)
Member, Prince George's County Housing Opportunity for All Workgroup (2019-2022)
Presenter, Maryland Building Industry Association Land Expo, Understanding and Profiting from the New Prince George's County Zoning Regulations (2022)
- Experience in legal writing relating to land use matters and administrative proceedings;
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with zoning procedures in Prince George's County, including navigating land use processes in compliance with master/sector plan.
- Representation of clients before the Zoning Hearing Examiner, Planning Board and District Council in various zoning and land use matters.
- Knowledge of procedure and process in civil and litigation matters before the Circuit and District Court.
- Experience in conducting legal research and preparing memoranda relating legal analysis.
- Principal, O'Malley, Miles, Nylen & Gilmore, P.A., (January 2021 to present);
- Associate Attorney, O'Malley, Miles, Nylen & Gilmore, P.A., Greenbelt, Maryland (September, 2014 to January 2021)
- Office of the City Solicitor, Mayor and Council for the City of Laurel, Laurel, Maryland (December, 2017 to present)
Successfully represented clients before the Zoning Hearing Examiner, Planning Board and District Council in various zoning and land use matters including: zoning map amendments; special exceptions; subdivisions; detailed site plans; master/sector plans and sectional map amendments; variances; departures from design standards and parking and loading schedules; nonconforming use certifications, water and sewer category changes; building/use and occupancy permit issues; and defense of zoning violations.
Prosecute municipal infractions on behalf of the City of Laurel; Communications with various City officials regarding interpretation of municipal code; Attend meetings between City Code Enforcement officials and residents concerning disputes; Attend and provide legal advice to the Community Redevelopment Authority.
- Maryland Building Industry Association, Prince George’s County Associate Member of the Year (2019)
- Baltimore Magazine Top Attorneys Rising Stars in Maryland (January 2021)